Monday, March 1, 2010

Brace yourselves. (Especially you mom)

Yes, it is true. I, Matthew David Nixon III, have officially blogged. I'm still not quite sure why. Maybe it's all of the incredibly interesting and insightful things I have to say. No........ that can't be it. It's possible that I did it because I knew it would make my mom extremely happy. Yeah..... that sounds good, we'll go with that. That and being bored while at work. But mostly the first one.

I feel I should clarify that this is in no means a commitment to blog with any type of regularity. I do, however, promise to attempt to get on here and update with interesting stories, factoids, or happenings in my life, but it should be understood that these types of things rarely come up or happen to me. So I make no promises.

Ok, so now, as my good friend Ignacio would say, "Let's get down to the neety greety". There really isn't much to report on with what is going on at school. I'm finishing up the rest of the prereq's for the communications program here at BYU. Classes are going pretty well so far. Busy at times but overall not too bad. I'm still working at Independent Study while I'm going to school. It's kind of weird to think that I've been working here for almost a year. It might sound sad, but I've never worked anywhere for more than 3 or 4 months. So a year is a pretty big milestone for me. You would think that I'd have been promoted by now, but I guess that's just not how things work here. Hopefully soon though. I could use the $1 raise.

I'm not even going to bring up the girl situation, so I'll just continue on to other subjects.

In other news, I've always had the goal to bowl over 200 at least once in my life, but about a month ago I decided to take this goal a little more seriously. I figured it wouldn't be very likely that I would accomplish this goal by only bowling once or twice a year. So I've bowled two games a week for the past month or so. Overall I have bowled pretty well, but still nothing above 200. The closest I've gotten is a 194. The split in the first few frames definitely cost me completing my goal. Hopefully before too long I will need to make a new goal. Like beating Sara's 237. You're going down Sara. But for now I'll focus on breaking 200.

Well, I guess this concludes the first ever blog from yours truly (and possibly the last, *gasp*). I invite you to take the poll so I can figure out 1. if anyone is even reading this, and 2. if anyone wants me to keep it up. Don't worry mom, I already voted yes for you. Until next time my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray!! I am so glad you are matthewdnixon and not that lame-o matthewnixon. Thank you for blogging. You have inspired me to update my own blog. The whole reason I started blogging in the first place was to try to get the fam communicating with one another. And, you know how that went...Please keep blogging--your public demands it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--love the fish. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Matt,
    Please continue blogging so that it can change my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Matt. We like your blog. You are great. I voted yes! :) (plus, your blog is really funny)

    ReplyDelete